Sunday, January 1, 2012

Between2 - Having fun with Dale

We are having a fine time with Dale here. We have been doing the tourist thing and enjoying it all over again – seeing it through his eyes.

Today was the first sunny day since he arrived. I got everyone whipped into gear and we took off for breakfast at Multnomah Falls. It was delightful. We sat in the great room looking up at the falls as we consumed our omelets and hash browns. I know, far off my diet, but I will get back on it in less than four days. Until then I am not going to worry as long as I hold my own – so far so good.

However, tonight will be the test. Tonight we ring in the New Year at Salty’s on the Columbia River. Dale has never been there before and I think we will all find it a pleasant experience.

I am going to wear that little black dress that I was not able to wear in Kansas when I went. I am determined to wear it before I shrink out of it. There was not a ‘dress up’ place available in Dale’s small town in Kansas, so this is my last chance. I am sure it will not fit in another couple of months when I have lost the last 20 pounds and tightened up with my new trainer.

We intend to spend a quiet New Year’s Day tomorrow. The guys want to watch the football game on the television since Oregon is in the running. Then we will most likely catch a movie and dinner out.

We have been movie watching fools. I have had plenty of time sitting in the dark with Dale. We have seen Hugo in 3D and the new Sherlock Holmes film. Tomorrow’s plan is the new Mission Impossible film at the living room theater in Vancouver. Dad and Dale have never been there and I think it is very cool – seats with footstools and they serve lunch while you watch the movie.

No set plans for Monday. We had been hunting for a hanging lamp for dad’s bedroom to complete the western theme in his ‘man cave,’ but we found that two days ago in a little collectibles shop in downtown Troutdale and Dale helped dad hang it yesterday – looks really good. It looks like one of those old kerosene lamps that used to be in the bars or boarding houses in the 1860’s.

So we will see where our last few days lead us. Perhaps we will just rest and watch more DVDs at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment