Friday, December 2, 2011

Between2 - Never far from our hearts


It’s the countdown to Christmas and Dale’s upcoming visit. Dad and I are both looking forward to having someone in the house during the holiday season to distract us from the fact that mother is no longer with us. This is our first Christmas without her.

Dad suggested that I decorate with my Christmas things this year. It will be the first time I have seen my things in fifteen years. It will be interesting to revisit my decorations. I always did traditional red and green plaid. Mother always did gold and white. I am hoping I can give the house a really warm feeling.

This weekend we will decorate because I have the next three weekends all planned for teas and activities to keep us physically and emotionally occupied, then Dale will be here for ten days.

Dad and I have been compiling two lists on the refrigerator, one for places to take Dale to eat and one for events, activities, sightseeing to take him to. We will get up each morning and decide what we feel like that day.

It will be nice to be a little more mobile. The last three or four times he has visited we were house bound with mom because she just didn’t feel like getting out. He was good with that. He is never hard to please.

We will have a nice Christmas with friends and though I know we will be reminded of mother, we will try not to let it get us down. Christmas was always her favorite holiday. I know she would want us to enjoy the season of togetherness and she will be with us in spirit as always. She is never far from our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment